Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the one that got away

He is on line now. I see him there, on my little g chat list. Just sitting there. A name. with no capital letters. He should IM me, I mean he did promise me dinner this week, drinks?

We never really broke up, not face to face, not in any important way. I guess that is about as good as he felt about it. Good enough to let me push him to dump me over the phone. It was a shame really. We had great chemistry. He was the perfect size. In every way. Yes, he was even of the right faith.

Not that he had any of it.

I don't know. Maybe I came on too strong. I am trying a new game. I am going to try to deal with the men I like the way I deal with the men I don't like. I am going to just cut off. I am not going to ask for anything from anyone and see what happens.

How does that work out? I mean people really want what they can't have. So some ladies learn to play games at a young age. "I will NOT show you I like you!" That is the mantra. It works! I watched my roomie Lindsay do it many times...

She is married.

All I have to say about that.

I don't know, I can't play games. I never win.

I miss the one that got away, we could have worked, had he given it a chance. I am sure we could have.

Shame.

Ok he signed off. Done distracting myself.

--Red Out Loud

No comments: