Friday, November 7, 2008

Never Again

In a way Obama's win will sheild the world from past experience. His win will change things for good. Even if it is just perspective. I walk the streets with a higher head and I know that there are others who have been lifted even higher out of their gutter. This alone will change our country forever. Equality, pride for those who never felt the right to feel it before.

For me, of course, bye bye to Bush and bye bye to high tax on the middle class makes me smile. The idea that Republicans will not dominate and that Democrats will, with notions of human equality, religion separate of state, womens rights, respect for those of all income brackets, and simply a stronger perception in the eyes of our neighboring countries is what made my decision for me.

But what moved me the most when I watched that Blue sign light up, with Barack's name flashing, was the thought that for 200 years Black people in this country have been persecuted, one way or another, persecuted, lowered, separated. And with each step they have fought for a difference, and changes have been made. This was the end though, this was the biggest change of all for the Black people of our country. Because it changed perspective entirely for all people watching.

This is what gave me hope, just to know, people have changed enough to open up to something new, surface and deep down.

Hooray for change.

No comments: