Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ignore-ance

I am doing it. I am running away. I am quitting my job, I am going to Africa, I am going to have surgery on my vocal chords one last time, I am going to have no money and no job and I am going to go back to school to learn how to help other people. I feel I can do it all. All of a sudden.

When I told my mother that I was definitely having surgery and that this time I would take my recovery seriously, I assured her I would. And I got boiling mad. Inside of course. I did not let her know. There is no point. My mother quivers in fear when it comes to life she does not know. She is always questioning my decisions unless they are in line with hers. Ignorance I call it. And I am ignoring it.

I also know that she is not wrong. I have picked things up, talked worlds about them and then dropped them. I have done this. The last time I had surgery on my vocal cords, I was back at it again in no time. Drinking, smoking, treating my health and body badly.

This time it feels different. I feel like I am changing my life, my life style, my life choices and I am ready to recover. I am ready to do the things I am afraid to do. The things I am afraid to be good at. And I firmly believe that there is no reason to not be as good as you are.

Just because something does not happen overnight, does not mean it will never happen at all.

Maybe I am being Ignorant.

But I am going to ignore that possibility for now.

No comments: