Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please forgive....

I forgive you. Is that weird, because I mean it. I mean it because I feel happy for you. I mean it because forgiving you means happiness for me. Relief. I want to listen to music again. I want to wake up early again. I want to be close to new people. I want to run into you. To smile in your direction and say hello.

I don't know where it stems from other then the idea that maybe people who hurt one another are not to blame, but to be understood as an experience to be had, towards your own truth, something to hold onto and then just let go of, something to appreciate for whatever the experience brought to you, good or bad.

I am not angry anymore and I don't feel bad about it either, none of it, just that we lowered ourselves to the level we did and lost our friendship along the way. My only regret. Don't think we can ever get it back, but at least would hope that the next time I see you, with her, we can tip our hats to one another, and say remember when...only the good parts, of course.

No comments: