Monday, April 13, 2009

28 Years ago

I always know when it has set in. Food starts to taste different. I can't swallow it. My head is heavy and it takes my hand an extra long time to grab the receiver of the phone and my mouth falls behind my voice in mouthing the words, "hello?" I can feel my heart beating. I smoke cigarettes, I lose weight, I sit on my couch a lot, I stop talking to my friends, I can't finish anything I start. I start watching movies constantly, so I can pretend I am somebody else. I'm depressed, I guess. Usually precedes a big change or follows a traumatic experience. Or is just the day after I run into Dean. Or I work a job I really don't want to. Or I realize I have been in the same place for too long. Or I hear another musician that just is not good enough and wonder how the world will turn out altogether. Nothing is really how it was. Nothing is really how it is going to be. Nothing is kind of uncomfortable.

1981 is about to turn into 28 years ago.

UGH.

No comments: